Glory News

PTA orders PUBG game shall remain blocked in Pakistan

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has issued a detailed order regarding blocking of online game PlayerUnknown’s Battle Ground (PUBG). According to PTA Spokesperson, “the order has been issued in accordance with Islamabad High Court’s orders after a hearing conducted by PTA on July 9 and in accordance with the provisions of PECA 2016”.


PTA provided an opportunity of hearing to concerned parties including PUBG’s lawyers. The issued statement by PTA said that “as per the order of the Authority, the PUBG game shall remain blocked in Pakistan”. PTA has also approached PUBG management to inform about a suitable framework to address key concerns. No response has been received from PUBG so far, said PTA.

Earlier, as millions of gamers trended #ImranKhanPUBGKholo on Twitter, PTA has issued a detailed order explaining the reasons behind blocking of online game Player Unknown’s Battle Ground (PUBG).

Last week, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) had declared PTA’s move to temporarily suspend the online game void and directed the authority to immediately lift the ban. The decision was announced in a short order issued by Justice Amir Farooq. A detailed judgment will be issued later.

However, the PTA said PUBG would remain blocked in Pakistan

Related Articles

Back to top button